Hey Y’all (whenever I say this I hear Joanna Gaines voice in my head “Y’all ready to see your fixer upper”). I’m way behind on my blog posts and for that I apologize. I have been slaving away at workshops and custom orders like nobody’s beeswax.
For my next project using Plaster Paint I decided to rejuvenate a very old dresser that I picked up at our local Salvation Army. He is an oldy but a goody that I couldn’t pass up.
I started by sanding him down with a 150 grit sandpaper and cleaning him up with an ammonia and water mixture. I am a huge fan of prep work regardless of how great the paint is (for the record, I have tried plaster paint without any prep work and it stands up to its claims).
My next step I used One Step Plaster Paint in the colour Kasie (which I’m now obsessed with).
This next step is actually called pickling. My grain of wood (quarter sawn oak) is a beautiful grain and I did not want to cover it up. However it wasn’t in the best condition to be properly restored. So I took the best of both worlds and pickled the biotch (sorry for the language, its second nature to me).
I finished by replacing all the hardware pulls and spray painting the knobs and locks to match.
I think he came out rather dapper if I do say so myself. Please if you have any questions don’t be afraid to reach out =) Happy Thrifting!!!